The Nigerian Army has officially opened its registration portal for the 2020 recruitment exercise for people who are interested in applying for the Direct Short Service Commission, DSSC, and Short Service Combatant Commission, SSCC.
This was disclosed by the headquarters of the Nigerian Army in an announcement on their official Twitter page. The tweet stated that the recruitment will take place online and registration ill commence immediately.
DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN CHECK CURRENCY CONVERSION RATES ON ABOKIFX?
The Nigerian Army HQ also added in its tweet that the 2020 SSC Course is open to everyone who is a Nigerian by birth, regardless of whether such a person is a civilian military personnel who is still in the service.
How to Apply for Nigerian Army Recruitment
If you are qualified, and interested in applying for the Nigerian Army Recruitment exercise, all you have to do isfollow the easy steps listed below.
Apply online by visiting recruitment.army.mil.ng or visit the Nigerian army web page at recruitment and choose SSC or DSSC option from the page.
- Select the course you are interested in and qualified for. Please note that the application is free of charge. Beware of websites asking you to pay for your application.
- You will be required to upload some documents such as your educational certificates, Certificate of State of Origin, evidence of membership of any professional body, passport photograph, Birth certificate or Declaration of Age.
- After completing the application, you must print out your online generated photo slip. The first page must thereafter be signed by the Registrar of any Court of Law, while the second page must be signed by your Local Government Chairman or Secretary. In case you cannot get your Local Government Chairman to sign, you can also get any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above from your state of origin to sign the second page.
- All applications must be submitted not later than 29 September 2020.
To be considered for the recruitment exercise of the Nigerian Army, interested applicants must fulfil the following requirements.
- Applicants must be Nigerian by birth.
- Applicants’ height must not be below 1.68m for males and 1.65m for females.
- Applicants must be medically and physically fit.
- Applicants must not have had any criminal conviction(s) from any court of law in their lives.
- Applicants age must be between the ages of 23 and 27 by January 2021
- Applicant must possess a valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, a hospital or a Local Government Council. In the absence of these, applicants must possess a valid age declaration.
- Applicants must possess at least a first degree and no lesser than Second Class Lower Division or a Higher National Diploma with no less than a Lower Credit for Arts, Sciences or Humanities from an accredited institution of learning.
- Applicants must submit a Letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Applicants must not have any tattoo or inscription on their bodies.
- Applicants must have completed NYSC, possess a NYSC discharge certificate or a valid certificate of exemption. Those who have just completed NYSC may also apply.
- Applicants must not be members of any cult or secret society or fraternity.